BMO is the 8th largest bank in North America by assets. It offers a wide range of banking services and has a lot of different types of clients. As of January 31, 2020, BMO had total assets of $880 billion and a team of diverse and highly engaged employees. It serves more than 12 million customers with a wide range of personal and business banking, wealth management, and investment banking products and services. It does business through three operating groups: Personal and Commercial Banking, BMO Wealth Management, and BMO Capital Markets.
- Delivers exceptional service to BMO customers and prospects.
- Identifies customer needs and provides advice and guidance regarding financial solutions that are in the best interests of customers.
- Works collaboratively within the branch and with BMO partners to deliver the desired customer experience and achieve overall business objectives.
- Identifies customer needs and initiates referrals to BMO colleagues.
- Supports customer requests for banking services, including handling transactions and supporting customers who walk into the branch.
- Welcomes customers warmly and meets their banking service and transactional needs with seamless execution.
- Offers advice and guidance on available digital and self-serve options with the goal of making it easy, simple, and fast to bank with BMO.
- Reviews customer profiles and engages customers in a needs-based conversation to identify potential opportunities and address everyday banking plans and credit card needs.
- Contributes to meeting branch business results and the customer experience.
- Supports operational activities (e.g. inventory management, escalated service requests, following up on customer applications, filing, opening and closing activities).
- Manages, loads, and reconciles cash transactions between treasury and various branch units (e.g. CRU).
- Executes routine tasks (e.g. service requests, transactions, queries, etc.) within relevant service level agreements.
- Acts as a key member of a collaborative and versatile branch and market team.
- Probes to understand customer personal banking and credit card needs and integrates marketing promotions and programs into customer conversations to provide strategic advice.
- Organizes work information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Takes the initiative to find creative approaches that make each customer’s experience feel personal.
- No prior experience necessary; post-secondary degree or certification in related field of study is desirable.
- High-level knowledge of personal, commercial and partner offers, and how each can best serve customers’ individual needs.
- Confident and experienced in the use of social media, tablets, smart phones, online tools, and applications.
- Highly skilled at helping people who don’t find digital applications intuitive to gain confidence in how to use them and to understand their benefits.
- Projects a professional presence.
- Basic knowledge of specialized sales and business banking solutions to refer to specialists.
- Passionate commitment to helping customers.
- An aptitude for listening, solving problems, and responding flexibly and creatively to new challenges.
- Basic knowledge learned on the job.
- Verbal & written communication skills – Basic (in business environment).
- Organization skills – Basic (in business environment).
- Collaboration & team skills – Basic (in business environment).
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en