Our plant mission statement is, “Working together we will provide the right part, at the right time at the right cost” and we take pride in our values, processes, and philosophies.
As an integral part of team, you will perform multiple hands-on tasks associated with warehousing functions in a standardized, structured environment. You will be part of one team of engaged, customer-centric employees delivering outstanding results who share in General Motors’ purpose and values.
Location: Langley, British Columbia
Department: Vancouver PDC Shipping and Receiving
Target Hire Date: Immediately
Shifts: 1:30pm – 5:30pm
Hours: 20 hours a week (opportunity for more + overtime)
$23.96 an hour
Full Job Description
Physical Demands of the Job:
The successful candidate will be required to perform the following actions:
- Walk and/or transport automotive parts via carts.
- Reach, move, push, pull, and/or lift automotive parts with both arms.
- Bend and/or twist repetitively.
- Grip and pinch with both hands and use various hand tools as well as a scanner
Successful Candidates will also Demonstrate:
- A strong safe work ethic and a can/do demeanor
- A dedication to continuous improvement and job development
- Respect for people and our policies and values
- Ability to listen to, understand and communicate instruction in English
Additional Job Description
Overtime will be needed based on business needs.
- Candidates applying for this position must be available to work 20 hours/ weekl and up to 40 hours/week as the need arises.
- The Temporary Position may lead to Permanent Full-Time employment with GM Canada.
- Willing and able to work day shift (1:30 PM -5:30PM)
- High School diploma or GED.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of safety awareness, quality, and compliance.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, standard operating procedures, work instructions, procedure manuals, and policies.
- Successful candidates will be required to attest to their vaccination status (or indicating that they do not wish to disclose), and any job offer will be conditional on the candidate providing that attestation.
*PLEASE ATTACH YOUR RESUME WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION*
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteeropportunities.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities. Should you be contacted by General Motors of Canada, please advise if you require accommodation. General Motors of Canada values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.